December 2020 Doctoral Commencement
This is an exciting time for you as we celebrate this important milestone in your life. Texas A&M is moving forward with plans to hold commencement ceremonies in-person. The Doctoral Commencement will be held at Reed Arena on Thursday, December 10, at 9:00AM. Plans for the ceremony have been designed to follow social distancing guidelines.
Here are details related to current plans:
Family and friends unable to be in attendance may watch the commencement live here.
- Face coverings must be worn by all graduates and their guests while inside Reed Arena.
- Degree candidates should report to the north entrance of Reed Arena by 8:00 AM.
- Doctoral candidates will then proceed to assigned seats on the Reed Arena floor.
- Unfortunately, the ceremony will not include the traditional hooding of doctoral candidates by their chairs. Students, chairs and co-chairs have received information from our office about walking together across the stage.
- When your name is called, you (and your chair and/or co-chair if both parties have agreed) will walk across the stage with a diploma tube provided at a stage-side table.
- Once you walk across stage, you will then exit the arena to an area outside the building for a photograph.
- Diplomas will be mailed to graduates to the address collected on the application for degree.
For more information, visit the Texas A&M University Graduation website.
We will also post an abbreviated Virtual Doctoral Degree Conferral video here, featuring an address from Dr. Butler-Purry, a student expression of appreciation by William "Dale" Weeks, and a slideshow featuring each doctoral candidate.
Again, congratulations on your amazing achievement and we look forward to sharing this special occasion with you!
For questions, email email@example.com.