Graduate Committee Degree Evaluation Guide
How to Run a Degree Evaluation - Graduate Committee ChairsGraduate committee chairs and co-chairs are encouraged to run regular degree evaluations on their student advisees in order to:
- verify student eligibility for funding (tuition waivers, assistantships, fellowships, etc.)
- evaluate student progress to degree
- review the courses a student takes each semester and individual course grades
- verify completion of non-course degree requirements
- and/or, determine degree plan and cumulative GPA.
In order to be able to generate a degree evaluation, the faculty must first be listed as the chair or co-chair on the student’s Graduate and Professional School-approved degree plan and, second, they must complete a one-time FERPA training via TrainTraq (if not previously completed).
This tool cannot be used for students who have not yet filed a degree plan; however, advisors and students have similar degree evaluation tools available in Howdy that are available for students who have not filed a degree plan. Information for students without a degree plan would be limited to courses taken and cumulative GPA.
For questions regarding the Graduate Committee Degree Evaluation tool contact email@example.com.