Knowledge Center - Forms

Quick Links

Request a hearing before the Graduate Academic Appeals Panel

The Graduate Academic Appeals Panel (GAAP) hears appeals that involve disciplinary actions stemming from disputes over an unauthorized absence determination or final grades; disputes over evaluation of performance on examinations required by the department, intercollegiate faculty or graduate advisory committee; and disputes over probation, suspension, dismissal, or termination from a department, interdisciplinary degree program, and/or college for scholastic deficiency.

Appeals represent an option when a student alleges that an arbitrary, capricious or prejudiced evaluation occurred. Appeals regarding departmental, intercollegiate faculty, or Graduate and Professional School requirements do not qualify for a GAAP hearing. This form should be filed no later than ten (10) university business days after receiving the dean's (or designee's) letter, as specified in Student Rule 59.6.

The act of filing the GAAP Form to Request a Hearing to the Associate Provost for Graduate and Professional Studies represents authorization for all Graduate Academic Appeals Panel members to receive full access to the student’s Appeal Summary File.

To view this form click here.

Related knowledge

Request a Hearing before the First Professional Appeals Panel

Explore Grad Aggieland


2021-2022 GPSG President Plans to take Selfless Service Approach to Life after Graduation

On May 31, Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) President Staci Rende will hand the reins of the GPSG over to her successor, Dahlia Taha. As her tenure nears its conclusion, Staci is proud of how she and the GPSG have grown and -- always motivated by public service – she intends to channel what she has learned about leadership into a life of service on a broader scale.

View All News

Months of advice from an A&M has-been

The last blog of my graduate career, going to make it a good one

View All Blogs
Defense Announcement


View All Defense