1996 Committee Report on TATEP
The review committee for the Teaching Assistant Training and Evaluation Program (TATEP) is charged with the task of examining the program and procedures that currently are in place. TATEP is designed to ensure that new graduate assistants teaching (GATs) receive a proper orientation both into teaching and to the unique features of Texas A&M University. This program is carried out through the auspices of the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE).
In the report the TATEP Review Committee will
- Describe the overall process
- Review the scope of the CTE presentations and evaluations
- Sample the efforts made by colleges and departments
- Report on programs at other institutions
- Draw conclusions and make recommendations for future activities in this important educational preperation area.