Which Responsible Conduct of Research CITI Training Do I Complete?
There are several different discipline-specific RCR courses listed in the CITI training. For the purposes of meeting the SAP requirements, any of the courses will work. You should choose the course that is most closely associated with your discipline:
- Biomedical Research – research in areas like life sciences, biomedical, health sciences, basic biological research, etc.
- Social and Behavioral Research – research in areas like anthropology, communication, economics, geography, communication, criminology, international studies, journalism, political science, psychology, sociology, speech and hearing, education, etc.
- Physical Sciences – research in areas like physics, earth sciences, chemistry, microbiology, evolution and ecology, astronomy, mathematics, energy, aerospace, lasers, etc.
- Humanities – research in areas like visual or performing arts, arts education, English or other languages, religious studies, gender studies, literature, history, etc.
- Engineering – research in general engineering fields. This course is very similar to the Physical Science course.
- Research Administrators – If you assist in the administration of research rather than the direct conduct of the research, you should select the Research Administrators course.