Knowledge Center - General FAQs

Quick Links

How do I change my major, degree or department?

You can submit an Major, Degree, or Department (MDD) petition through the DPSS portal. If you already have an approved degree plan on file, please be aware that in most cases you will need to submit a new degree plan after making this change. If you want the change to be effective for the current semester, the petition must be approved by the Graduate and Professional School no later than the 12th class day during fall and spring semesters. For the summer, the change must be approved by the Graduate and Professional School by the 4th class day. Any changes approved after these dates will be made effective for the following term. If you are an international student changing degree level, be sure to consult with International Student and Scholar Services first.

Related knowledge

I am a current student. Where can I find part-time job listings?
Final Exam Defense Request
Steps to Doctoral Degree

Explore Grad Aggieland


Graduate and Professional School Launches Spring Awards Ceremony

The new ceremony will honor Distinguished Dissertation, Montgomery and Outstanding Mentoring awardees, as well as GRAD Aggies certificate earners. 

View All News

Work in Progress: Trials, Tribulations, and Traffic

Living in College Station for almost a decade means I have witnessed two things: a lot of construction and a lot of friends leaving. Read on to find out what those two have in common.

View All Blogs
Defense Announcement

Biomarkers of inflammation in canine chronic enteropathy

View All Defense